...Still Complaining?
At BSF (bible study fellowship-I am in the young adults class), we have been moving through Number's and the lessons of Moses and Aaron on their journey. Last nights lesson was about complaining and how this affects both you and people around you. When we complain or are envious of other's its actually doubting God and his abilities. My goal this week(and forever) is to quit complaining. (Which is VERY hard to do at this moment). When I find myself complaining...I am trying to make a short mental note of all the things God has provided before.
When I get envious of other people's situations...I try to tell myself..."That wanting and wishing for what other's have robs me of my joy from God."
It is a hard thing to try and do...I found myself complaining a lot today! Nothing big, just little things...but I think If I was constantly in the word, constantly focusing on God, then it would be much easier to keep up this goal.
Also, today I read in my desk verse flipper thing..."Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure: genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory." --1 Peter 1:7 ( I love that last part).
So let this be an encouragement for you this week....Do everything without complaining, do everything without arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God!


4 Comments:
you're the best!
You ARE the best! This is a challenge for me, and I really appreciate you calling me to live like a child of God in a seemingly small, with huge implications, way. Love it-- totally a 'good thing' come Sunday! Come get the button to put on your blog!
I so needed to hear that message. Thank you for being the voice that brought forth a good word. I also love BSF.
Actually, I thought this about you even before you heard this message, that is, you are a girl who takes a charitable & positive view towards all people, and that's a good example for all of us, even Greeks. Love, K&C
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home